Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing 2.

Just finished watching Stephen Abram talking about Library 2.0 (after my tech librarian helped me figure out that my headphones didn't like the front jack on my computer, but would rather hide out in the jack on the back of the computer).
I agree with what he says about experience-based learning. I need the hands-on experience to feel comfortable and competent doing something new. I also know I am sometimes reluctant to "try" new things I don't know anything about, and need to prodded (shoved actually).
Initially I thought, "When am I going to find time for 23 Things?" But like anything else, as Stephen said, if something is important to us, we will make the time. I began exercising seriously over a year ago and "make" the time by exercising early mornings (when I would have normally stayed in bed awake), or on my noon hour (by skipping those heavy lunches that left me sluggish in the afternoon). Now I am alert and refreshed and ready to take on those 23 Things.

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2008 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Experience based learning is far and away the best way to teach adults anything. I've learned this through people with years of experience teaching and training all kinds of adults.

How to incorporate that into the library?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Yahoo! Avatars